This site is dedicated to providing accurate information about the prevention and treatment of eating disorders. Here you will find the following information:
- signs and symptoms of an eating disorder
- risk factors that up the likelihood of developing an eating disorder
- a quiz to help determine whether or not you have a problem
- information for family and friends about how to help
- a list of reliable resources including books, websites, and research
- tips to help prevent eating disorders and body image dissatisfaction and to increase awareness of this serious illness
This site also outlines the treatment and prevention services I provide in southern Ontario, and links to treatment providers elsewhere in Canada and the United States. To learn more about me, click here.
Finally, there is lots of information on this site meant to decrease the stigma and stereotypes that surround mental illnesses of all types. Click here for accurate education and strategies to build compassion.